Friday, September 26, 2008

My First Hurricane

About two weeks ago, I went through my first hurricane. I wanted to be prepared, so I got together all of my supplies - bottled water, canned food, flashlights and a radio...


After all of that preparation, I slept through the whole thing. Mommy stayed in my room with me, but she didn't sleep much. When I woke up the next morning, this is what our back yard looked like, and we didn't have electricity.

We hung around the house a little while, hoping the air conditioner would come back on...but it didn't. Mommy and Daddy gave me some ice water to keep cool. I drank some of it and wore the rest.

After a couple of days, we gave up on our electricity and went to hang out with people who did have electricity. One night, we stayed with my cousins, Macy, Jack and Davis. Davis even let me sleep in his bed! When we went back home, we still didn't have electricity, so we went to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Bush for a whole week. Here I am taking a bath in Grandma's kitchen sink!

Twelve days later, our electricity came back on. The day after that, the air conditioner broke.

1 comment:

jake and miles said...

She looks so cute in the tub! Jake and Miles need a few pointers from her. We can't wait to come see you in Houston. The three of them are going to be besties!!