Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dinner is an adventure!

Teething for babies is like pregnancy for mommies. It gives you an excuse to act like a crazy person. I am taking full advantage of my situation this week, and really making Mommy work for it.

On Sunday, I fussed and fussed all afternoon long. Turns out all I wanted was some cereal. The second Mommy put me in the chair to eat, I started doing my happy dance (arms and legs kicking simultaneously).

On Monday...cereal? Are you kidding me? I want milk! What is wrong with you?

Tuesday...cereal again!

On the nights that I do like my cereal, I like to eat it in a very particular way. I like to chase each spoonful of cereal with a little thumb. (Try it-I promise you'll never eat any other way!)

So here's the way my meals generally go: I begin with the happy dance, open my mouth and wait for the first bite. After the first bite, I take a little rest and suck my thumb. Then, when I am ready, I open my mouth and wait for bite #2. Then-this is the best part-I wait quietly for the next bite, and when the spoon is just about to my mouth...I start the happy dance again! Food goes flying everywhere!

When I'm done, Mommy wipes my face off, picks me up, and...BLECH! Out comes the cereal on her shirt! Turns out I wasn't even hungry to begin with! Ha ha ha...

No comments: