Thursday, June 5, 2008

Aunt Alison gave my mom a book for Mother's Day that had motherhood scenarios depicted in little dioramas using fuzzy yellow chicks. (Those of you who know me know how I love yellow birds!) In one pictures, a mama chick was looking through fashion magazines trying to decide what type of mother she would be - hip urban mama, hippie earth mama, etc. In the end, she became "Fat Sloppy Mommy."


My mom is Fat Sloppy Mommy. She told me that she refuses to buy things in a bigger size, because soon she will be able to wear the clothes she wore before I came along. So we have two kinds of clothes - those that are too small and those that are way too large (aka maternity clothes). We went out for a walk yesterday evening, and Mom was wearing what she wears every day after work - baggy drawstring pants and one of Daddy's t-shirts. Not the most slimming ensemble. It's one thing to wear that in the house, but outside??? Where other people can see you???

I told her that she needed to pace herself. I am not even a teenager yet-she has years to work up to this kind of embarrassment. For now, lets just stick to dressing me in silly outfits. (Exhibit A - the hat in the picture above). No need to go all in just yet.

No comments: